Tuesday, November 16, 2010

KABOOM!

That noise you just heard?  Yeah, that was my head exploding.  I love being sick.  It's my favourite thing to be besides, well...not sick.  I've been a little pathetic the last few days.  My nose is running, my eyes are watering, my ears are popping and my sinuses are building little concrete walls I think.

So, a few weeks ago, on a certain social networking site, I had a guy message me.  People tend to use this site as more of a dating service than anything else it seems.  He asked how I was and if I was single.  I went and looked at his profile and was completely turned off my his lack of punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, etc.  Is this wrong of me?  I don't even want to message this guy back because of the way he types.  But I also don't like ignoring people, so I message him back saying that I'm fine, yes, I'm single but that I'm not looking for a relationship from this website. Eventually he stops talking.

3 days ago he messages me again. It goes a little something like this:

Him: how are you doing today
Me: Not too bad, thanks.
Him: not to bad so are you single
Me: Um, yes...but I'm not looking for anything.
Him: that is gud (really??) so where do you live me i live in ____
Me: I'm in Canada...we talked before.
Him: yep so what type of guy are u looking for
Me: I'm not.  I'm not looking for a relationship from here.
Him: i know that jest want to no

I haven't answered him back.  If you can't, or won't listen to what I'm saying, there's no point.

A couple more that I've gotten:

'Hey, I like making new and sweet friends.'   It's not a *bad* message, it just...it's weird.


This is a very first message sent by someone:

'Hi angel how wonderful your look You 'er very beautiful in your profile picture. I wonder how you look physically. Dear can we be soul mate I want to know everything about you and i think i can no longer do any other thing without thinking of you. Ever since i saw your profile you have remained in my thoughts my heart has found in you i look forward to getting a beautiful and lovely reply from u' 

Woah. You wonder how I can look physically? Well my picture is just staring you right in the face.  He has no idea who I am but he can no longer do any other thing without thinking of me!!!  I feel so blessed.  And creeped out.  He wanted a beautiful and lovely reply from me.  Instead he got silence.  Guys, get a clue.  Girls don't want to see this from a stranger.  It doesn't flatter us.  It makes us go 'what the hell is this guy on?'  Also, I understand that people can't always be the worlds best typist.  I know people who I can have perfectly good conversations with in person or on the phone, yet online it's like trying to decipher the damn Da Vinci Code.  I can overlook some typo's and mistakes, but come on, it's not that hard to know where to put a period or question mark.  Put some effort into it!!

Alright, my eyes feel like they're trying to fall out of my head, so I'm done for today.  I have another one to show you guys, but it's kind of long, so he gets one all to himself tomorrow.  Or whenever I get back on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment